12 Days of Christmas :: I'm grateful for the little things and God's Word.
This has been a really rough week. It has NOT been what I expected during these 12 days of Christmas. In a weak attempt to maintain the Christmas spirit I've attempted and received some comfort from a few things, so this week I'm grateful for...
- Girls night out with Angela and Cassidy
- Glittery nail polish
- Continuous messages and texts from my family and caring friends [especially Erin who hounds me like an adoptive momma who knows]
- Mama D's pasta
- Clean carpets and teeth
- A few more gifts that came in the mail for Judah and Addise
- 7 more pictures of our kids
I'm also grateful for Scripture. These verses/passages have been life to me as we grieve the death of a Christmas dream...
- Proverbs 13:12, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life."
- Psalm 62:5, "Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him."
- Exodus 14:13-14, "But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm."
- Isaiah 40:31, "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."
- Lamentations 3:22-24, "The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”
- Psalm 61:2, "From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety."
- Psalm 121
- Psalm 77