It's really crazy to think that as of today, we've been home for 6 months. A lot of things are crazy really...
- we've been parenting for 6 months and we have a 3 year old son.
- 40+ hour flight home from Ethiopia. Beyond crazy. That was an experience I'd rather forget but it's seared into my brain. Someone needs to invent an adoption time machine or travel worm hole. I'm not kidding.
- we've gone through about 2,000 diapers. Crazy smells in our house!
- Over 15 doctor appointments and 15 immunizations per kid.
- I took the kids solo on a trip to meet the extended family in the Midwest.
- that our 2 kiddos who are 19 months apart essentially weigh the same and are the same height. [we believe in you Judah...grow grow grow!!]
- how many toys have invaded our house. Despite our best efforts, the toys seem to multiply.
- 14 teeth have emerged between the two of them.
- Judah has acquired language at a rate that astonishes us and cause us to watch what we say much quicker than we anticipated. He understands English - his 2nd language! - perfectly and speaks over 50 words well.
- how much we love our kids. We couldn't love them more if we'd conceived and birthed them.
- what life was really like before them - it was good but this is so much better.
- how entirely normal it feels to be Judah and Addise's parents!!! Our social worker said something "magical" happens around 6 months home, and I believe her. It's indescribable but totally true.
- the amount of laughter and gratified head-shaking that fills our home every day.
- how much Judah is like Brian and Addise is like me. Their personalities are little versions of our own!
Only God!! We are supremely grateful to be these 2 crazy kiddos' parents. God clearly chose them for us. I told Brian this week that I'm so thankful that we didn't get pregnant because I can't imagine NOT being Judah and Addise's mom. Brian readily agreed.