We're already getting barraged with questions from friends wanting to know about our journey. We love your questions! Here are some of the most common questions...If you have more, post a comment so we can share more.
- What agency are you adopting with? Christian World Adoption [www.cwa.org]. They have an amazing history and reputation with Ethiopia. In fact, they are doing a massive humanitarian building project in the capital, Addis Ababa, and Ethiopia's president is the honorary chair of the project [http://www.acaciavillage.org/]! Each year CWA places about 200 children from Ethiopia.
- How long is the process? The average process takes 9-11 months, but could be shorter or longer depending on how quickly we complete paperwork and also how long it takes to get a referral match for our little girl.
- How much will it cost? If we just get one baby, it will cost $20,000-25,000. Obviously, we don't have that money sitting in our savings account. So we believe it will take a village to raise our child. If you'd like to donate to our adoption, visit the CWA donation link on our blog!
- How old will Baby Ethiopia be? Under 1 year old. If we get siblings, her older sibling will be under 4 years old.
- Do you go get her in Ethiopia? Yes! We'll travel to Addis Ababa for about a week to finalize the Ethiopian adoption and bring her home.
- Will she be healthy? We don't know for sure. But every baby is tested for infectious diseases, and we will be given the option to accept the referrals given to us. Her medical information will surely be incomplete, but we'll be given everything the orphanage has. She'll also have several medical reviews and be given immunizations that are age appropriate.