We've always said, "it takes a village to raise a child", but in adoption it takes it to a whole new level - FINANCIALLY. The average international adoption for 1 child costs $20,000-30,000! Obviously, this non-profit couple doesn't have that money sitting in a bank account, so we've known a part of the faith journey includes how God will provide the resources to bring home Baby Ethiopia.
People have started asking us more about the financial part of it, so here's the skinny in the dollars and cents...
- Approx. $25,000 for us to adopt 1 child
- Approx. $5000 to adopt a sibling
- Over $7000 is how much we've personally spent on the adoption thus far
- $3750 has been donated already to our process!!! This number brought me to tears today, realizing how loved our baby girl will be by family and friends from coast to coast.
- Approx. $7700 due by the time we send our dossier to Ethiopia. This includes the remainder of $45o for post-adoption process with Ethiopia and $7250 for Ethiopia's international adoption fees.
- Approx. $3000 for travel expenses
That's the low down. Please continue to pray that God will provide for that $7700 by the end of the summer. God owns everything, so I know he can do it. And if you want to be a part of the financial "village", we'd be truly honored.
What a journey this is...we are blessed.