There's something about the mixture of a group of likeminded individuals coming together and the accountability of a trained coach that does wonders for your growth and development as a leader and youth worker. I've learned that journeying with a safe group of peers provides fertile soil for long-lasting change.
I think that women in youth ministry are the intersection of some of my favorite people: leaders, women, and youth workers. And this environment is a beautiful opportunity for my gifts and background to be used for other women!
This whole-life coaching program is all about developing and empowering women in leadership. Being a woman in youth ministry is different. It demands unique skills and awareness as we approach the challenges and opportunities due to our gender.
We will learn across a scope of subjects focused on leadership development and youth ministry realities in this changing culture. This specialized cohort will have 8-10 women in leadership, and meets twice for 2 days plus 4 times online (2-3 hours each). Each component is very intentional and structured to provide encouragement, training, challenge, and transformation.
This cohort provides customized attention to your specific context and needs as a woman in youth ministry.
A Few Details...
- HOW MANY: Maximum of 10 women and 5 women have already committed
- WHO: Our group is from all over the U.S., and you do not need to be in full time ministry or a point leader. But each women must be in youth ministry in some way.
- MEETING SCHEDULE: This cohort will meet twice for 2 full day meetings in Northern Indiana and have 4 online meetings (2-3 hours each). We will meet during the 2015-2016 school year. The specific dates will be chosen by the group. Our first face-to-face gathering will be in September, the other dates below are suggestive:
- September: face-to-face
- October: online
- December: online
- February: online
- March: online
- April: face-to-face
- 1on1 COACHING: Participants receive four 30-minute phone calls with me between our face-to-face meetings
- CONNECTION: Private Facebook group for ongoing support and interaction
- HOMEWORK: We will do a good amount of shared, cross-disciplinary reading. I believe that Leaders are Readers! Additionally, each participate will self-assign homework based on learning and necessary, personalized growth areas
- COST: $2000 (+ participant travel costs)
The transformation you'll experience from the other women and myself will be beyond these bullet points! You can read about Andrea's experience in our last cohort.
I've participated in similar cohorts and it's worth it. It's one of the best investments, in my opinion, you can make in your leadership. It has been for me. Conferences and network meetings are great, but they rarely produce the kind of customized, personalized, long-lasting transformation that we require as leaders.
The women who've already committed are very diverse! They are from all over the country, different denominations, different life stages, and different experiences in ministry. I'm VERY excited about our "differences" because it will make our learning that much richer and more profound!!
If you're interested in this cohort or a future one, you can learn more about the Youth Ministry Coaching Program HERE (including sample schedules and FAQs) or contact me directly HERE. I'd love to figure this out with you!
Wanna just apply? Complete this YMCP application! Can't wait until September!!