We've been a forever family for over 9 months and our kids are cuter than ever. Since I don't keep a baby book for either kid, this is my version of capturing the moments and milestones of our Judah Abebayehu.
Here are some of my most favorite things about Judah's exploding personhood...
- He's recently learned the difference between a boy and a girl [though not anatomically], and he correctly assigns the gender to each member of our family. However, when I told Judah that daddy is actually a "man", he immediately pointed to himself and said "Judah, man!" He's convinced of it!
- As the story above proves, he speaks of himself in the third person quite often.
- Judah and I have a special connection. It's unexplainable but this photo booth picture provides a snapshot into our daily life.
- He's my little bookworm. The first thing he does every morning is pull several books off the bookshelf to read. He studies those books with a passion.
- When he's trying to get my attention and I don't answer the first couple times, he'll follow with "Mommy! Oooohhhh, mom-my!!" Where did he learn that!?!
- Judah is my snuggler. He burrows into to my shoulder anytime of day and loves to give me kisses upon request.
- Judah would be a couch potato if we let him. His current favorite show is Yo Gabba Gabba, and his favorite movie is "The Lion King". That's my Ethiopian son!
- Winking is one of his prized tricks. He can only contort his right eye which requires his mouth to move toward the wink, as well. His entire face works overtime to wink that big eye. But he's oh-so good at it and it's always followed by a laugh.
- One of Judah's first phrases was "I'm sorry", primarily because of offenses to his sister. Since then, he says "sorry sissy" almost every time Addise cries even if it's not his fault. Pavlov response.
- We've been teaching our kids about their emotions. Judah is quick to let us know if he or someone else is happy, sad, mad, or tired. I'm determined to raise emotionally aware and healthy kids!
|My bucket is actually a hat!|