MASSIVELY EXCITING NEWS! That's right. Read that title link again - WE ARE ON THE WAIT LIST! Seven months after our application was submitted, we are on the wait list for our babies. Yesterday was a very exciting day in the Diaz Casa as we found out that our dossier is on the way to Ethiopia. I've been anxiously awaiting talking with our case manager about the next steps of waiting, and I have more news to give you.
Please read this in prayer...
DISCOURAGING NEWS! We found out today that our wait time looks to be way longer than we expected. Honestly, I'm really discouraged and sad. Hopefully this makes sense...
- Where are we on wait list? Hard to say because everyone’s preferences are different. Our case manager will send us an estimate of other families with similar requests.
- What’s the estimated wait time? 9 months for infant girl OR
2-4 months for infant boy, but about a 6 month wait of siblings with infant boy.
PLUS 6 months after referral until we travel to get them! This is the biggest thing to pray against. It was 10-12 weeks when we started the process!!! The wait appears longer for 2 kiddos (compared to adopting 1) and longest for infant girl & older bro/sister. Not the kind of news we wanted.
- Good news: Our agency is working with 2 new orphanages that have about 15–25 kids each. Hopefully those 2 new orphanages will open up more kids.
Our case manager asked us to send her a list of preferences and what we are open for. She encouraged us to give her broader preferences as possible so we don’t be passed over with a potential referral match. (including age, gender, and gender order options)
DIAZ PREFERENCES as of today:
- Gender: 2 girls OR 1 boy and 1 girl
- Ages: Under 3 and Under 1
- Gender order of kids: Undecided
- Open to unrelated siblings: Undecided
Pray with us please for discernment in determining our preferences and for us to not get discouraged. The thought of NOT bringing home our babies for another15 months is near unbearable right now.
This process is teaching me so much. I am grateful for it.