Scrolling back in my computer for another document, I stumbled upon these words tonight. They screamed of my brokenness and God's faithfulness in our lives. So, I wanted to share. Please, if someone you know is currently in the mess of infertility, share our journey with them. As my friend Kelly said repeatedly, "this is not the end".
The following is unedited nearly 4 years later...
- We got married!!! Got married young, so we totally didn’t want to have kids for 3-5 years…
- And throughout the past couple years, we keep getting the question “when do you guys want to have babies?” more & more frequently. For a long time we shrugged off the question because we’ve loved our life together. Our motto was, “once a parent, always a parent. So let’s take advantage of this time that we’ll never get alone together again.” And we’re glad we made that decision!
- Told a friend of mine, “I wonder if we’ll adopt a baby from Africa before we have our own kids?” God planted that dream in our heart for a purpose.
- 6 years later…Officially trying to get pregnant!
- After about 6 months of confusing responses from my body, I decided to see my doctor. I was sensing there was a problem with my body…things weren’t working right.
- May: This was also the time that I stepped into Noah’s Place full-time. “Reluctant leader” and “painful adaption” don’t even begin to describe my soul.